- Rhino 3D: 3D modeling/rendering program (part sponsor of the BGSU Digital Media award) (student version and trial version available)
- Google SketchUp: 3D modeling program (free version available)
- ArchiCAD: Building Information Management (BIM) software (student version and trial version available)
- AutoCAD: Computer Aided Design/Drafting (CADD) software (trial version available)
- Adobe Reader: for reading PDF files (FREE)
- GIMP - Gnu Image Manipulation Program (open-source Photoshop alternative) (FREE)
- DoubleCAD: Computer Aided Design/Drafting (CADD) software (free version available)
- Steel-Link.com Suite: Various design tools, including a foot-inch calculator (FREE)
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Some recommended software...
All of this software should work for MS Windows computers; some will also work for Apple & Linux machines. The following links are offered as a convenience by AIA Toledo, and AIA Toledo provides no guarantee of the linked sites' performance or functionality.